Alabama Vascular Society
Annual Meeting - August 18-20, 2022
Welcome Letter from Benjamin J. Pearce
While the history of the Alabama Vascular Society is still in the making, the history of Vascular surgery in our beautiful home state is incredibly rich. We are fortunate to practice in a community that is diverse in population, faiths, backgrounds and ideas. But what ties all Alabamians together is a desire to be there for each other in good times and in bad. Similarly, the academic and community vascular practices in Alabama rely upon each other to deliver quality care to our patients.
Annual Meeting News
The 2022 Annual Meeting will be held on August 18-20, 2022
@ the Ross Bridge Resort, Birmingham, AL.
Please be sure to mark your calendars now - and until we see each other again, be safe, and be well everyone!
-AVS Executive Council
RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP OR JOIN TODAY! There are many benefits to joining the Membership of the Alabama Vascular Society (AVS)
- Registration discount to the Annual Meeting
- Notoriety in the fields of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery (great for your CV!)
- Mentorship match up (Trainees & Senior Surgeons)
- Free Job Board Posting - coming soon!
- Participation and access to Membership Contact List
Who Should Attend
Annual Meeting Learning objectives
|Member Allied Health||$55|
|Non-Member Allied Health||$75|
August 18th | 1-4 pm
The 2022 Mock Oral program will consist of 3 hours of rotation for Vascular Trainees - designed to mirror the actual board experience.
These sessions will consist of small groups (1 student and 1-2 examiners) for 30 minutes. Students will rotate every 30 minutes. Please click the button above to signup and reserve your position in our Mock Orals. You must sign up by June 15th, 2022. (25 maximum participants)
You will be contacted with meeting details and instructions a few days before your time commitment. Please plan to be on-site at the hotel on August 18th, 2022 @12:30pm in to receive room assignments.
COVID-19 GUIDELINES AND PROCEDURES
Thank you for participating in our events! To safeguard the safety of our participants we ask for your commitment to our safety protocols:
- Do not attend the event if you are feeling ill, have a fever, cough, are experiencing common cold and/or flu symptoms, believe that you may have been exposed to a person diagnosed with Covid-19 or if you have been diagnosed with Covid-19
- Observe 6' of social distancing
- Wear a mask at all times
- Do not share event materials, food or drinks with other participants not in your household
- Not shake hands, hug or physically greet other event participants, speakers or vendors.
- Use hand sanitizer and wash hands as often as appropriate
- Use common sense and courtesy by covering when coughing or sneezing
- Comply with all directives, rules and regulations of the city, county and state in which the event is located
- By attending -- you assume all risks inherent to exposure to the Covid-19 virus and its variants relating to our event.
August 18th, 2022 | 6pm
Join us for a welcome reception and dinner on August 18th. During Registration -- please let us know if you will be attending. You can bring a guest for a small additional fee.
August 20th, 2022 | 1:30pm
We are planning a golf outing on Saturday with tee times between 1:30pm - 2:10pm. The cost to enter is $153.00 and participation in the tournament is optional. Register for the conference and select the Sign Up option on the Golf Tournament section. If you would like to be paired with someone - please enter special requests during registration. You can register until July 15th. A small number of walk-in positions will be available. Join us on the patio outside the pro shop after golf for drinks, small bites & prizes. Prizes will be awarded to the winners of closest to the pin, longest drive, and overall winning team.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Amedco LLC and Well Assembled Meetings. Amedco LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Physicians (ACCME) Credit Designation
Amedco LLC designates this live activity for a maximum of 11.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurses (ANCC) Credit Designation
Amedco LLC designates this activity for a maximum of 11.75 ANCC contact hours.